Friday 6 January 2017

Leicester City complete signing of Genk midfielder Wilfred Ndidi

Leicester City have signed defensive midfielder Wilfred Ndidi for a reported £15m from Belgian side Genk.

The 20-year-old Nigeria international completed his move on Thursday after a work permit was approved, signing a five-and-a-half-year deal.

 

Ndidi has already trained with the squad and could make his debut in Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie at Everton (15:00 GMT).
"He's an impressive player with a big future," said manager Claudio Ranieri.
"I feel I can learn a lot here," Ndidi told the club's TV channel.
"I try to win the balls for the team - that is one of my main attributes. I have to achieve a lot here."
Ndidi helped Genk finish top of their Europa League group to secure their place in the knockout stages of this season's competition.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment